Send your customers a gift to redeem at a different business. This is a great way to allow businesses to collaborate and cross-promote. There are several ways to set this up using codes.
Use Promo codes
Businesses can collaborate by allowing customers to receive a gift from one business to redeem in another business using promo codes. These codes cannot be generated in the app but must be sent to the customers directly using code slips, by email, etc.
Here's an example. A credit card company (that doesn't have an app) gives out code slips to their customers for a free hamburger at a restaurant. Customers can then use this code slip to redeem the hamburger. In this case, the restaurant would create the hamburger gift for their app, along with promo codes to redeem it. They would print the bulk of codes and provide it to the credit card company to give their customers.
Use Coupon Codes
Business X can give customers a gift to redeem at business Y using coupon codes. This requires the customer to be a member of the club of business Y and have their app.
- Business Y creates a gift.
- Business Y creates coupon codes and the rule that sends the member the gift when they enter the coupon code into the app.
- For app Y, make sure there's an option to insert coupon codes (such as on the Rewards Screen).
- Business Y provides the codes to business X to give to their customers.
- The customers can then enter the codes into the app of business Y to receive the gift, to redeem later at the POS of business Y.