Welcome messages are displayed on the Welcome Slider, the biggest tile on your app's home screen. They can be images (with or without titles)—or clickable images, where an action is performed when the image is tapped. For example, welcome messages can open any app screen such as a catalog of specials, a specific punch card or a social media page.
To add welcome messages:
- From the Content tab, click Information and then Welcome Messages.
- To display only the image (instead of both the image and title), select Yes for Display only images? and then click Save.
Note: We recommend this if the image itself already contains text.
- Click Add Welcome Message.
- Fill in the following fields:
Field Description Choose Image Add an image. See graphic guidelines Title
Choose a title that fits the image, and the screen that it links to (or action performed when tapped). For example, if you choose the image of an item from your catalog, write "See our new specials". This message can then link to the catalog.
We recommend adding a title with 3-5 words, that fit in one line.
Restrict access only to members? To allow only members to view the content of this tile when tapped, select Yes. We recommend this if the welcome message links to a screen you want to restrict (such as the Rewards Screen). Then when non-members tap this tile, a pop-up message is displayed asking them to join. Publish Status Published items are shown in the app, while hidden items are not. Type and press Enter (Tags) Add view tags if necessary. For example, if the welcome message is tagged "Students", only members tagged "Students" will see it.
- Add a button action, to set what happens when the welcome message is tapped.
- Click Save.
- To reorder the welcome messages, drag them to their desired position and click Save Item Order.