Members can use points or credit to pay for items at the POS (or any other website or service that integrated with the POS API). Before a member can pay with points/credit, they need to identify at the POS. To secure the payment, you can require members to perform additional steps to verify their identity (see Secure Point or Credit Payments)
Before You Start
- Each business can decide if payments at the POS can be performed with either credit or points (but not both).
- To pay with points/credit at the POS, the POS integration must support the PayWithBudget or payment API call.
From Operation > Settings > Point/Credit Settings:
- Select Points or Credit for Pay with Credit.
- Select the payment method to specify if the POS should apply it as a discount or mean of payment.
- You can select whether or not to allow partial payments.
Note: Disallowing them will prevent members from paying with their points/credit if they don't have enough to cover the whole bill.
- You can enter the pay with credit ratio (default is 1)
- You can specify a minimum or maximum amount for each point/credit payment
- Set up your verification method (recommended).
Pay with Credit Ratio
You can use credit to provide members discounts on their purchases by allowing them to either:
- Buy credit at a discount—such as buy $25 worth of credit for only $20, OR
- Buy items at a discount using their credit —such as buy a $25 item using only $20 of Credit.
To use the second option, you need to set the Pay with Credit ratio—how much credit is used to pay for each unit of currency. For example, if the member uses $5 of their credit to pay for a $10 item, the ratio is 0.5. In other words,
𝑃𝑎𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ Credit 𝑅𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜 = (𝐶𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑖𝑛 credit)/ (𝐶𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑦)