Integrated external systems (ex: ordering) can allow members to pay directly from an app web view.
How It Works
- The member opens their app web view.
- When ready, the member taps Pay.
- The member’s credit card is automatically charged (Quick Pay flow).
Note: If the business doesn’t use Quick Pay for credit cards, a payment code is generated—which the member enters into the web view to complete the payment.
Behind the Scenes
- Identification: When the member opens the web view, Como automatically generates a temporary identifier and adds it to the web view URL (temporary token). The member is then automatically identified by the external system using this secure identifier.
- Zooz: Como sends Zooz the amount and the credit card token. After Zooz responds to Como if the credit card was charged successfully, Como sends the external service a payment API response.
- The business’ Zooz program must be added to the Como Hub—as the payment are processed and received by the Zooz account of the business.
- The external service should have the following integrations with Como:
The setup required is performed by the Como Integration Team.
In-App Payment Flows
The business can also allow members to initiate an in-app payment flow from the web view. For example, they can present their website as a web view to allow members to buy a special offer that’s on their site. A POS integration is not required for an in-app payment.