Allow members to load (top-up) credit directly through the app—which they can use to pay for purchases at the POS. Encourage members to buy credit in advance by offering it at a discount. For example, let members buy $25 worth of credit for only $20.
How It Works
- From their app wallet, the member selects to load their credit balance.
- The member selects the credit amount and continues to payment.
- After confirming the amount, the member selects a credit card.
- The payment is processed and their credit balance is updated.
- The business’ Zooz program must be added to the Como Hub.
- The business must have a POS integration which supports Como payments to actually allow members to pay with credit at the store.
- Create a catalog:
- Create a category for a specific credit amount.
- Add an image to this category that tells the member how much credit they will buy and how much it will cost.
Note: We recommend giving them bonus credit to encourage them to load (ex: pay $20, get $25 worth of credit).
- Add a custom action for when the category is tapped: Pay with Online Service in App.
Note: The item code for the credit will also be used in the automation (it should be different than any other item code at the POS), and the price should be the amount they will actual pay for the credit.
- You can repeat step 1-3 to add multiple credit amounts for the member to buy.
- Create a layout block that opens this catalog.
- Add a wallet screen to the app, where one tile opens this layout block.
- Create an automation to add credit to their balance when the payment succeeds (with a condition of the same item code used for the catalog item's payment button).
- Trigger: Makes a purchase
Note: The item should be the same as the item code that was added in step 1.3
- Action: Add Points/Credit
Note: The amount of credit should be the amount promoted on the credit item in the catalog (which can be greater than the amount they actually paid).
Note: In very rare cases, it’s possible that Zooz notifies us that a payment failed only after the payment was shown as successful in the app. We recommend creating an automation based on External payment rejected (and the credit item code) that notifies the customer that there was an issue processing their payment.