As a data-driven solution, Como Sense ensures all businesses are compliant with privacy regulations, whether they are driven by new EU GDPR regulations or otherwise.
When customers feel safe, they are more likely to share their information!
View Overview of GDPR Changes (PDF)
View Overview of Data Privacy Changes (PDF)
Right to Be Forgotten
Members should be able to easily request to have their personal data erased (which will also result in their removal from the loyalty program). We have planned a few things to allow this.
- A new app screen was added to all apps and allows members to easily submit this request
- An automatic email notification is sent to the business when there is a request
- All personal data can be deleted from the Como operational database with one click in the Hub
- Clear guidelines on what businesses should do with benefits and data stored outside Como
Right to Know Your Data & Data Portability
Members should be able to easily access and transfer their personal data.
- A new app screen was added to all apps and allows members to easily request their data
- An automatic email is sent to the member with personal info, actions and purchase history
Members should be able to easily give (and withdraw) their consent to process their personal data.
- For non-app registrations, customers automatically get a link by SMS/email to give consent
- New members who didn’t consent (within a grace period) cannot earn and use benefits
- Dedicated SMS reminder to encourage members to provide consent
- A new app screen was added to all apps so members can withdraw consent (personal info is deleted)
Privacy by Design
Como protects the privacy of members by guiding businesses as to which type of information is permissible to collect, and limiting the info shared with third parties. Enhancements were also made so businesses can prevent minors from registering (according to the legal minimum age per territory).
👉 LEARN MORE
Member data is stored on cloud services (such as Amazon and Google) and protected using the highest level of security measures. Data transferred to Amazon or Google’s US servers is covered by Privacy Shield terms. Como also secures all the data that is shared with third parties, and controls access to data available from the Como Hub.
👉 CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT DATA COLLECTION PRACTICES