To comply with the GDPR and other privacy regulations, members can request a report of the data collected on them since they joined the program (or downloaded the app), including member details, member activity, and purchase history.
How It Works
- Member enters the Data Portability & Report app screen
- Member confirms or enters an email address to receive the report
- Member automatically receives a data report by email within 7 days
- The email address is autofilled if we have one (such as the one from the registration form). The member can enter a different address here instead, however, it will only be used to send this report and the corresponding email (their profile won’t be updated). If the format of the email is invalid, the member will not be able to submit the request.
- Although there is no technical limit, we guide the member to request the data report up to once a month.
The data report is sent in an email which contains links to 3 different files: member details, user actions, and purchase history. This email is sent to the member, the business (and other feedback email addresses), Como support, and Como legal. All these emails are paid by the business.
Reports are in English, except for the business specific text which is translated . The date/time in the files are according to the business time zone.
Member Profile in Hub
If the member asks for a data report in other ways (such as via app feedback, or directly from the business), an option is available to send the report manually to the member from Find Members.
NOTE: There’s a permission tag for this button, but the button is displayed by default.
New logs can also appear in the member profile:
- Member requested a report of their data *
- Data report was sent to the member
- Failed to send data report to the member
*only appears when member requested it via the dedicated app screen