Businesses can use phone number or email as a primary member identifier, a communication channel, and a way to verify login through the app. The phone number or email address that the member enters into the registration/update form can be validated by sending a code to them by SMS or email. The business can decide to verify email or phone number on the registration/update form, but not both.
How It Works
- Member adds their phone/email to the registration form or update form, and submits.
- Member is sent a one-time code to their phone/email.
- Member enters the code into the app to verify the phone/email.
Add Phone/Email Validation
- Make sure phone/email is a unique field for registration (which is a default for new businesses):
- From Operation > Registration > Registration Form, select the field you want to validate and then select Yes for Verify the phone with an SMS code? or Verify email with verification code?
- If you select to verify both email and phone number, only phone number will be verified.
- The sender name for the email is the business name.
- For new businesses: email is a unique field for registration, and a mandatory field in the registration form by default (same is true for phone number).