Add new members or update existing members directly from the Como Hub by uploading a CSV with their details. This capability is especially useful for merchants who want to migrate their outside loyalty club along with existing members to Como Sense.
Before you can import members, you need to download a template for adding member details.
Download the template from the ACP tab in the Como Hub 1 and open the file in excel.
Add member details to the template:
- The column headers of the template present only fields included in the business registration form, as well as points, credit, ExtClubMemberID, MemberID, and member tags. In addition, the membership fields will appear exactly as they appear in the registration form. Note: you can’t change header names, but you can delete the entire column if it’s unneeded for the current import.
- After downloading the template, do not publish a new version of the app until you have completed the import.
- You can use Excel to create the template - just make sure to save the file as CSV – UTF 8.
- The field chosen as the unique identifier (such as phone number, Gov ID, external member ID, or email) must be filled out for each member.
- For the phone number: if you add any leading zeros (0) or dashes (-), it will be saved exactly this way in the database. For example, if you enter the phone number as 050-555-5555, you will not be able to later search for the phone number as 505555555. Add phone numbers to the template in a consistent format, and in the same format that members would typically use to enter their phone number in the registration form.
- The same date format should be used for all the dates (such as dd/mm/yyyy).
- Make sure the right details correspond to the correct columns (sometimes a row can shift over right).
- Do not use "or ' in the data you add to the file.
- Tagging or adding/deducting points/credit balance and adding new members are actions that occur in parallel to the import process. That means that a user action is created and therefore any rule with the relevant trigger will occur.
- If an error occurs while importing, this doesn’t affect the members that were successfully imported before the error occurred.
Start with validating the data before the actual import. In case there are errors, you can make the required fixes before importing. Just don't forget to actually import the data once it's validated!
To add the member as a new member, select which member detail cannot be the same as that of an existing member. Note: Make sure to select the same unique identifier as the one used in Settings > App Settings.
|File Validations||We perform a pre-validation to make sure the file is valid. This pre-validation checks only general settings that might cause an import failure (for example, non-CSV File, a column that does not appear on the registration, different field name, etc.) If this pre-validation succeeded, you can start the import by changing the field to No.|
In addition to the file validations, each record is checked and validated for the format, required, and unique fields (as configured in the hub), etc. Note: you cannot import empty data under a required field, for the import you can remove the required fields from the registration form.
Under Tags Action you can choose which action to perform (Tag/Untag).
To tag/untag members, use the following form: [“tag”,” tag2”,”tag3”].
Please note that you can only perform one action – either Tag or Untag, we cannot perform two different actions in the same import.
under Points/Credit Action you can choose which action to perform (Add/Deduct). Please note that you can only perform one action- either Add or Deduct, we cannot perform two different actions in the same import. This field take into consideration what we defined under Settings -> Points/Credit settings -> Allow Negative Point Balance (yes/no).
- After the import is completed it will present one of the following statuses: 1. Success - all members were successfully imported. 2. Partial Success - at least one row in the file failed to upload. All rows in the file with success status are imported. 3. Failed – the entire import failed.
- If the status is failed or Partial Success, click the download icon to download a file containing details about the error—which appear in the ‘error description’ column. Note that the import presents error details for each (failed) row in the file separately. This can help us understand and investigate failures when those occur. You can also use this file to fix the errors and upload it again (make sure to delete the status and error description columns.
- The downloaded file contains also a column describing the action preformed for each row: register, updated or unknown (when failed).
Once the file has been uploaded, an error can occur while importing the CSV file. Few examples:
- If you selected as the date format DD/MM/YYYY but the file contains a date presented as M/D/YY, an error will occur.
- If you add empty data under a required field, an error will occur.
- If you add fields that don't appear in the registration form, an error will occur.