Deep Link is a smart URL that allows you to send existing and potential users to the app home screen or to a specific web view. You can send the link through an SMS, Push, or publish on your social media. For collaborations with different businesses (3rd party) it allows you to open your app within another app. For members without the app installed in the device, it will take them to the Google or Apple store.
Setup the deep link from firebase
To log in to your firebase account, use the same credential as your Google developer account.
Create a deep link to the app home screen:
1. From the business dashboard click from the side menu ‘Grow’ > ‘Dynamic Links’
2. Click on ‘Get Started’
3. Create a custom Dynamic Link Domain and click Continue
4. After the link is ready, click 'Finish'
5. Create a New Dynamic Link
6. Add a suffix 'home'. This is the link sent to the member:
7. Set up a link to customers without an app installed. It is recommended to set up one link to the app stores:
8. Check the second option and choose the relevant link for iOS devices:
9. Check the second option and choose the relevant link for Android devices:
10. Click ‘Create’ and copy the URL:
Create a deep link to a specific web view
Step 1: Setup a web view in the hub
Setup a web view and add a custom query parameter called "openWebViewName" and the value can be anything ('Survey' / 'Ordering' / 'Spin the Wheel').
Step 2: Follow the same steps from above except for step 7:
7. To navigate the member to the Web view, add the URL and add a query parameter in the dynamic link "openWebViewName" (for example: openWebViewName=Instagram).
The dynamic link name should be the same value as defined in the hub web view.
NOTE: When the user will click on the deep link - it will redirect him to the app and then will open the web view you defined.
This feature supported in Android/IOS Version: 2.2.2 and Phoenix Version: 1.5.8