October - November 2022 - News & Updates
1. Action Filter
A new Action Filter has been added within the Campaigns section of the HUB. Select all, one or multiple Filters to adjust the results according to your needs. Unlike Triggers which only show Rules, the Action Filter will show all types of Campaigns based on the filtered action.
Note: If you use the Trigger Filter, it will only return Rules that are Active, Future, or Draft.
2. Share Icon on Gifts using the Share Functionality
A new Share Icon will appear on gifts that currently have the share functionality enabled, allowing them to be easily identified.
3. Support for Multiple Custom Headers and Bodies within an Export Event
Multiple headers and bodies can now be used with the Export Event action. Businesses can add more information to the exported event, which would otherwise not be sent by default.
4. Added One-time Analysis on Activities and Activities Table
By selecting the "statistics" button within the completed activity, you can view results of a one-time activity. The results can also be viewed by selecting the "3-dotted button" and then "Analysis" in the Table View.
5. Completed One-Time action Hint
The Completed One-Time Action Hint serves as an indicator to let the business know that additional members may have been adjusted to the one-time since the initial filter set.
6. Phone Number List added to Filter on One-time Action
It is now possible for businesses to define a population using the Specific Phone Number Filter. Paste your phone number (up to 15k) or upload a file (CSV or Excel).
7. Date & Time Display for Actions set to “Now”
One-time actions set to perform “Now” will display the current date and time for additional transparency.
8. Conditions Added to Trigger of “An Invited Friend Made their First Purchase”
Previously, there was no option to select conditions for the trigger of "an invited friend made their first purchase.". A new set of transaction conditions has been added to allow for further customization.
9. URL Text Validation for Export Event Actions
When setting up an export event and defining the URL, the system will check to see if the URL format input is correct. If not, an error message will appear upon saving.
10. Ability to Change the Date Format for a Hub User
With the updated date format, HUB users can customize how the date is displayed. This will also be reflected on HUB 2 for the HUB user.
11. SMS Status: Processing by Carrier
The SMS action log status “Processing by Carrier” has been added, as previously SMS weremarked as “delivery success” as soon as the SMS were accepted by the carrier. This will give the business more transparency and accuracy as an SMS can still fail after being accepted by the carrier. SMS will still be marked as “Delivery Success” following “Processing by Carrier” upon confirmation from the carrier.
12. Validation added on Filters for Rules
When selecting specific members within the filter for rules, if an attribute is not selected and defined the filter will not execute.
13. Toggles to Remove Ad and Footer Indication
Toggles have been added to enable/disable the entire email footer or just the “This is an advertisement” message within an email. Based on our knowledge, all footer content is legally required in some countries including the US - if you decide to remove it, it is your own responsibility.
14. “Automated” option added for Consent Communications
The “Automated” option will send the consent communication based on the preference of the user.
- If the user is allowing both SMS and email, the consent will be sent via SMS.
- If the user is allowing only email and not SMS , the consent will be sent via Email.
- If the user is only allowing SMS and not email, the consent will be sent via SMS.
- Lastly, if the user is not allowing both SMS and Email, the consent will be sent via SMS.
15. Last Store Visit Count Looker
The last store visit count will allow for a business to view the number of members who last visited a particular location. Businesses can use this information to create campaigns to entice customers back to their store.
- AI campaign on Hub 2 - When you select a test user to send email, email was not sent before. Now it is sent.
- When you create a new member with an anniversary date on Hub 2, the anniversary date did not appear before. This has been resolved.
- Clicking on any view filter other than Rule and Deal is showing all actions
- When the rule is in draft mode and whether you add a trigger or not in that rule, the rule does not appear in draft status in the activities list.
- Purchase action log fails to open in the member section. This is due to the fact that all the transactions have been removed from datastore prior to 2019.
- Rule case probability condition CSS is not properly aligned.
- In a Rule if you change the highlighted global conditions, there is no way to know whether someone changed the condition or not.
- Promo code view filter is not working.
- One time action with less than 5000 members was getting saved.
September 2022 - News & Updates
1. Export Event / Wallet Pass Communication actions add new advanced body field with Support for mentions
A new section has been added to ‘export events’ and ‘wallet pass communications’ called Advanced Text Body where you can include mentions (dynamic text) such as a member’s first name to make the messages more personal.
2. Open New tab Option
The new “Open in new tab” button allows you to keep the original tab open allowing the user to dive into the activity with ease of navigating back.
3. Navigating back anchor Support from an Activity
Until now, if you were on the Campaign Center and you navigated within a given activity and then hit the back button, it would take you back to the top of the Campaign Center Page. By clicking back, you will be taken to the same spot you were earlier when choosing the specific activity. This is very useful for businesses that have multiple campaigns where you can't always remember where you were previously.
4. Filter by Trigger within the Campaign Center
This new feature allows you to locate each campaign and action within the Campaign Center, based on a specific action trigger. This is very useful for businesses that have quite a few Campaigns running.
5. Transaction information Tool Tip for Budget Transaction
When using Pay for points/credits at the POS, a tooltip has been added to the member activity log displaying information of the Transaction.
6. App Action Support for Businesses on Essentials
On the Essentials plan, businesses with Apps can now send push notifications and in-app messages. Previously, all Essentials businesses, regardless of whether they had an App, were unable to perform these actions.
7. A/B Testing Greyed Out and Tooltip is shown when Population is too Small
When the population was below the minimum requirement (500 members), the A/B testing feature was completely hidden when running a one-time action. The feature will now appear grayed out with a message indicating the minimum population requirement.
July 2022 - News & Updates
1. Pointshop Redeemable API Flag
With the Pointshop Redeemable Flag, a business can now choose whether Pointshop items should be displayed as redeemable to end-users based on both point balance and whether they have met the condition of the gift. Previously, Pointshop items were displayed as redeemable only based on a user’s point balance.
By default, the Pointshop Redeem Flag remains disabled. Please reach out to our support team if you would like to enable it!
2. Member Gifts API
The Member Gifts API allows businesses to implement an endpoint where members can identify themselves and their valid gifts can be shown, including punch cards. Customers can check their gifts outside of the Como environment (App, Portal, and POS.)
3. Referral Code API
Using the Referral Code API will allow businesses without an app to use the friend invite feature. A friend referral link will first need to be generated and then sent directly to the member upon joining. The link will contain the registration form with the member’s referral code. The member can then share the link with their friends at their discretion.
Steps for set-up:
- Ensure referral code is added as a field on the Registration Form.
- Set up a communication rule based on a member action such as joining the program.
- In the communication, use the link below, followed by the location ID and then dynamic text for [Como Member ID]
Communication URL: https://connect.prod.bcomo.com/r/8646/Member: [Como Member ID]
4. Wallet Pass
How It Works:
The Wallet app on iPhone, Apple Watch and Android phones (with downloadable apps) allows users to easily identify themselves at the POS with Como Member Identifiers. Members can be notified of any changes through push notifications and view the updated pass by tapping on the notification.
Once the user clicks on ‘Add Pass to Wallet’ within the App, he/she is redirected to an external browser, where the pass is generated and can be saved to the Mobile Wallet.
As soon as a member completes registration, they receive an SMS with a link to the Wallet Pass, i.e., “Welcome to the club! If you want to download the Pass to your Wallet, click on this link.”
The Business will use a static and unique identifier (such as phone number or email ID) for identification at the POS.
Within the Pass, a member will be able to view their general info as well as point balance and gifts. Businesses can customize the passes to fit their branding.
Click here to view the demo flow
5. Gift Landing Page
Show & Hide Social Share Icons
Businesses can now choose whether they would like to show the Social Sharing Icons at the bottom of the Gift landing page. This can be turned on/off with the toggle button in the advanced settings in the Share Tab.
Configurable Legal section within Gift Landing Page
With the Share Gift feature, the Legal Section of the landing page can now be displayed, just like the Registration Form.
PLEASE NOTE: Enabling the legal section will not automatically grant access to the Terms and Conditions and Allow SMS consent to the member upon joining through the landing page. Before joining, a rule must be set through the source quick registration process.
In addition, the updated Member Preferences action can be used outside of Share Gift Feature. Please ensure the business is in line with the legal requirements before enabling this type of Rule.
6. Data Explorer
The Points & Credit Report now includes the Top-Up field as well as several dimensions and measures. With a handful of data points, businesses will have the visibility they need to track performance on a regular basis.
App First Sign In
A new Dimension of App First Sign In has been added to the App report. This section will calculate the initial sign ups for the app.
(Features below are supported from Binary Version 3.0.4 and Phoenix 2.2.6)
Mobile Login Support for both Phone and Email
Your loyalty members can now log into the app using either their phone number or email address.
Please note, this Feature is only available for Mobile and not the Customer portal for the time being.
New PDF Reader Support
The following new configurations can be added to WebView URL parameters when displaying a
- shareButton -true/false. default to false (when set to true - a button will appear to allow sharing the PDF)
- buttonDirection - left/right. default to left (if share button is activated)
- width - fit to window width
- height - fit to window height
- no value - set to both
App Tracking Transparency iOS
The flag for requesting user authorization to access app-related data for tracking the user or the device is now available. This can be used when 3rd party webviews collect cookie data on the user.
This can be found Under Content → Branding (NEW) → Design (New)
App will include the following pop-up upon starting:
Android Version: 3.0.5 - new version (minimum Android version supported - 5)
iOS Version: 3.0.5 - new version (minimum iOS version supported - 12)
Phoenix Version: 2.2.7 - new version
- Minimum binary version iOS: 3.0.5
- Minimum binary version android: 3.0.5
- Fonts Cleanup - 2767537324
- Issue with PN for iOS users - 1507618579
- Push Notifications Not Linking Correctly - 2489554943
- Gifts screen doesn't show Redeemed Gifts in the Archive tab - 2623330099
- Issue with the Facebook video in Welcome Message - 1462194108
- When getting a "rate us" push notification - App store unable to connect - 1780704545
- App text override - Text is not translated - 2448190082
- Issue with the app resolution on Android - 1616856730
- Item description in catalog with % - 1586743016
- Regression with back button bug in catalogs - 2318661038
- SMS verification code in login flow - autocomplete from SMS message
- Fix app crash in catalog screen when search bar component is active
- Add multi language support for location screen
- Long description of the point shop text display - 1671751192
- Catalog items - long description text display - 16716699934
- Fix iOS black splash screen - 1864430011
- Fixed onOpenBrowser parameter replacement for default params values parsing. - 2081590950
- Webviews not changing to inApp on Android phones (pdf download) - 2308465109
- Webviews not loading URLs & giving access denied error - 2261047377
- Webview error: access denied - 2261047377
- The Close Button is not working after the wallet payment is successful - 1965070656 Multi Language support - contact submission team for activation
February 2022 - News & Updates
1. Data - New Sales Data Templates
New advanced sales data reports are now available in the Data Explorer. You will be able to effectively track your business' sales according to your preferred templates.
For example, you can receive summarized sales reports focusing on certain hours of the day or comparing members vs. non-members.
To access the new sales data templates, follow these steps:
- Go to the Data & BI section
- Click on Data Explorer
- Click on Explore our out of the box reports
- Select your desired sales data template
2. Data - New Dashboards
Your Como Data & BI capabilities have leveled up with our new pre-built and thematic Data Dashboards!
On top of your main Hub dashboard and Data Explorer, you can now view insightful dashboards based on specific domains - your sales, previous & current campaigns, benefits and membership - and monitor your data in an easy and handy yet visual and live way.
To access the new dashboard templates, go to the Data & BI section and select the All Dashboards tab. After being directed to the 4 main domains, select the field you want to review your data on.
You can also change the order by using filters to customize the dashboard based on specific KPIs you want to monitor.
Read more about our new dashboards in our dedicated article!
3. Subscriptions - Support Multi-tier and Different Periods on Subscriptions
With this latest update, you can provide your members with more subscription options, and you can choose whether to renew the package weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly or any timing you’d like.
With a multi-tier model, your customers will be incentivized to make more purchases while receiving additional discounts.
They can select the subscription plan that is most appropriate for their needs (users can, for example, choose a subscription package that offers unlimited coffee for $60/quarter or one that offers 3 salads for $15/week)
To enable multi-tier subscriptions, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or our support team!
You can find more general information about subscriptions in our article here!
4. Member Profile - Redeem actions visible on the Members Purchase details
On the purchase screen of the member's profile, you can now see the redeem actions they’ve taken, along with details of the gifts or deals.
5. Campaign Center - Add Dynamic Text with the Number of Points Accumulated after a Purchase
Our new "Points Transaction: Accumulated Points" dynamic field allows you to trigger automated communications immediately after the member receives points as well as include the number of points or credit they just accumulated.
Once a member makes a purchase, just follow these steps:
- Create a rule with the trigger ‘receives points’
- Set action to ‘send SMS’, ‘send Email’ or ‘send push notification’
- In the mention section, under ‘action’, add text: @points transaction: accumulated points
6. Campaign Center - Member Anniversary
You can now automatically send a personalized gift or message when a member completes one, or another, year of their program membership!
Create rules to automatically send members personalized messages or treats on their anniversary in the Campaign Center.
Follow the steps:
- Create a rule and select Event Type (in this case, it will be ‘Has a member anniversary’)
- Determine the date and time at which the message will be sent.
7. Campaign Center - Ability to Customize No Consent Email
Now your business branding can stand out also on your No Consent Email. Adding your business branding and customization to your no-consent email will increase your open rate and bring brand awareness, reducing friction with your clients.
Here is how you can activate it:
- Go to Email section on Como Hub Campaign Center;
- Create a new email template with the name - "como-member-consent-override."
- Create the email with the design and branding you desire. Adding the link for consent within the email text of the email is essential for the user's accessibility.
Later, if you wish to remove the new template and revert to the original consent email, you can easily deactivate the new template, and the default email will automatically activate instead.
October 2021 - News & Updates
1. Member Profile Improvements
We worked on the member profile information to provide you with more details on your members' purchases.
- In a purchase detail, you can now know if a purchase was cancelled, with the mention "Status - Cancelled" (see below)
- You are also now able to see where the points/credits come from or how they are retrieved: accumulation, a payment with points/credits, a cancelled payment with points/credits, etc.
2. Push notifications with image - Tester
Before activating a push notifications with images campaign, you can now send a test push notification to your phone number. It will allow you to check the push notification look & feel before you send it out to your audience.
3. Send Email or SMS for T&C Consent
We made it possible to send an email or SMS for T&C consent triggered by a purchase or an action.
4. Punch Card, Gifts, Deals Analytics
When you click on your punch cards, gifts and deals analysis you will be able to view detailed information on their performance: how many of them were sent, received, redeemed, what is the average spend per visit, or even the average number of days between receive and redeem of the offer.
Check out below the KPIs that you have now access to:
5. Comillia AI Weekly/Monthly Report
If you are currently running Comillia AI campaigns, you can ask your CSM or our support team to activate automatic AI weekly or monthly reports for your business!
These reports will provide you with major KPIs, such as the total and monthly added revenue, the number of redeemed benefits or the redeem rate. It will help you assess the performance of your AI campaign and adjust it for better results.
July 2021 - News & Updates
1. The Push Notification Feature: Images, Gif & Dynamic Content
You now have the option to personalize the title of your push notifications with dynamic content.
Type "@" and choose any field from the dropdown list as shown below.
You can now also add impactful & informative Images & Gifs to the push notification body!
To do so, first contact our support team to activate the feature and then simply upload the picture of your choice!
Your push communications will immediately have a better look & feel and encourage more customers to click and redeem!
This Feature is a similarly to SMS and Emails has cost per usage. The cost of push with image is 0.0005$ per unit sent. The amount sent can be easily viewed on the Data Explorer:
2. Registration Form Analytics
Embed Facebook pixel or Google Analytics within your registration form and start tracking the number of registration form views, the successful members registrations and the members profiles updates!
By utilizing this – the business can track and analyze user behavior and increase the CTR to CVR.
For it to work, the business needs to activate the service from Facebook/google,
An “How to set the service” can be found in the links below:
On Como side to configure it properly just follow these 4 steps:
Go to “Business Profile” tab.
At the left menu press the “Social” button.
Copy the Pixel ID/Google Analytics ID in the corresponding place.
Save it – And you good to go.
We report to Facebook/Google the following events:
Once activated - events should appear corresponded to the above events on each platform’s dashboard
3. Order Type on a Purchase Action Log
Get more information on a specific purchase by adding the Order Type to the purchase action logs. Choose the order types that will be the most insightful for you: online ordering, take out, dine in, drive through, and more.
4. Gift Landing Page QR Code
Now the landing page can be shared through a QR code rather than by link. Publish it on your social pages & website, print it & display it in store for a greater Gift Sharing campaign' ROI!
5. Redirect URL after Gift Sharing
Design your own success web page and redirect your new members to this URL after they have signed up to improve and personalize the customer journey and drive users to your website!
6. Punch Card Gallery
Add a new screen to the App called - ‘Punch Cards Gallery’ - which redirect to a punch card gallery instead of the punch card list.
This is how it looks:
This new configuration is under branding(NEW) → Design (New) → Punch Card → Enlarge Card Display (On/Off). You should increased the height of the punch card to 600px and increase the gap above and below the card for header and number of punches.
May 2021 - News & Updates
- Recurring revenue
- Extra revenue on top of the subscription direct cash flows, as members usually purchase items outside their plan when visiting your restaurant
- Overall, subscriptions drive-up your customers’ lifetime value by increasing their average visit frequency (as subscribed clients will come regularly to redeem their subscribed item)
👉 For more details, check out our dedicated article!
2. Welcome messages and catalog item expiration
Create welcome message/ catalog on your app with an expiration date (days/hours).
For example: add a welcome message to your App for a fixed period to communicate about your campaign. Once the campaign is no longer active, the welcome message will disappear as well.
3. Videos and GIFs available in catalog & welcome messages
Until today, we had the option to add only images to the catalog and welcome messages.
Now, there is a new option to add also videos & GIFs!
4. Purchase source type/ name in rule conditions
Add the Purchase source type/name as a condition in a rule triggered by "when a member redeems a benefit". For example, give members that redeem a benefit from ordering a new benefit for their next visit.
5. New sliding widgets carousel for your bespoke app
You can now have a slideshow of images within your App to convey different messages to users. This slideshow can contain different images, the side images appearing partially to make it clear that the user can slide left and/or right.
👉 For more details and new app features, check out our dedicated article!
April 2021 - News & Updates
1. Allow hiding widgets from Non-Members/ Members
This new capability enables you to decide who will see what on your app home screen. You can create a different app view for your members and non-members.
For each home screen widget added a new button 'who can view it?': All users/ Members only/ Non-members only.
2. Apptext for User's Name
Three new App Texts were added to the profile widget that allows you to customize the text for the first name, last name, and the main identifier.
3. Catalog Page with more layout options
A new option was added to the Catalog list Layout.
Now, you have the option to choose how many items do you want to display in a row (3/4/5).
4. Add a background to the profile page
Add your own customized background to the Profile Page instead of using the same background for the whole app.
👉 For more details and new app features, check out our dedicated article!
March 2021 - News & Updates
1. Extend Promo Code
This new capability allows you to extend the Promo Code campaign once it is deactivated.
A Fix code campaign that was deactivated can now be re-activated without any time limit and an auto-generated campaign that was deactivated can be re-activated only within 30 days.
Note: You can extend the campaign up to a month each time.
👉 For more details, check out our dedicated article!
2. Facebook Pixel / Google Tag Support in Landing Page
The Facebook pixel/Google Tag is an analytics tool that allows you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising by understanding the actions people take on your website.
By integrating it to your gift landing page, you will be able to track customers joining from there, find look alike crowds and make sure your ads are shown to the right people.
February 2021 - News & Updates
1. Deep Link
Deep Link is a smart URL that allows you to send existing and potential users to the app home screen or to a specific web view. This gives customers a richer user experience when interacting with marketing campaigns.
You can send the link through an SMS, Push, or publish it on your social media.
For example - send through SMS your ordering web view! When the user will click on the deep link, it will redirect them to the app and open the web view previously defined!
👉 For more details,check out our dedicated article!
2. Clickable link from Push Notifications
When members click on the push notification from their lock screen, the app will open and then the web view will pop up with the URL from the push.
For example - send an external survey (e.g., Howazit) in a Push Notification!
January 2021 - News & Updates
1. Points Shop New Capabilities
Customize your Points Shop with specific items for seasonal events like Valentine's Day or certain customer tags like Veggie or Big Spender!
- Membership condition: you can limit your Point Shop Items to be available only for specific member tags
- Time condition: you can limit the Point Shop Items to be available only for a specific period
2. Comillia Hint
Get a heads-up when you plan to interact with members who already received marketing messages from your business lately to avoid customers' weariness. Thank you, Comillia Hint!
3. New Email Editor Capabilities
- Stickers & Gifs: Two new content tiles are now available in our email editor: Stickers and GIFs. Drag them to your content box and get access to an amazing library of stickers and GIFs. Enrich and upgrade your email layouts without leaving the email editor page!
- Commenting: with the new Commenting feature, co-edit emails with your team mates, comment on specific email rows and make your marketing email process much more efficient!
4. In-App Videos
We now support playing videos inside your App!
Our new In-App latest improvement will allow your users to watch your videos without leaving the App. When closing the browser or clicking on the Back button, they will be right back to your App!
November 2020 - News & Updates
1. Affinity Report
(Recommended bundle items)
2. Member’s Tag – Auto-Complete
Select a member’s tag (as a condition, attribute, action, etc.) with an optimized user experience by viewing a list of member’s tags in an auto-complete dropdown.
3. Friend Referral
Improve your Friend Referral campaign by rewarding the advocators for their referrals only once the referred member makes their first purchase.
4. Comillia - multiple gifts
Now in the Comillia campaign, you can create multiple gifts with different communications and Comillia will know which gift to send for each member based on his/her attributes and behavior.